Special to RattleandHumSports.com
TCU puts an end to its regular-season schedule at home Saturday when it plays host to Oklahoma on Senior Day at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum. FOX Sports Southwest will televise the matchup live with a 4 p.m. tip-off.
The Horned Frogs (10-20 overall; 1-16 Big 12) look to send out a four-man senior class in style, as Nate Butler Lind, Connell Crossland, Garlon Green and Adrick McKinney will be honored prior to their final home contest Saturday. TCU already is ensured the No. 10 seed for next week’s Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship in Kansas City. The squad will play the No. 7 seed in the opening round on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. at the Sprint Center.
Oklahoma (20-9 overall; 11-6 Big 12) enters the final regular-season contest in sole possession of fourth place in the league standings. The Sooners could still climb up to the No. 3 seed for next week’s Big 12 tourney with a win against TCU and a loss by Oklahoma State to Kansas State of fall to No. 5 with a setback to the Frogs. OU has now won 20 games for the first time since 2008-09 and appear to have a good shot at earning an NCAA Tournament bid.
FOX Sports Southwest (DirecTV 676; Dish 437) will televise Saturday’s contest live with the veteran Frog radio tandem of Brian Estridge (play-by-play) and John Denton (analyst) calling the action on TV. Russell Scott (pxp) and Jeff Lewis (analyst) will fill in on the TCU-IMG Sports Network radio broadcast, which will air live in the DFW Metroplex on both 570 KLIF AM and 88.7 FM KTCU, as well as on satellite radio via Sirius channel 137 and XM 196. Live stats will be available for free via GameTracker at GoFrogs.com, while live streams of both the television and radio broadcasts will be offered online for FrogVision subscribers.
FROG QUICK NOTES
* TCU will attempt to send its seniors out with a win in their final regular-season home game for the first time since 2006-07.
* Kyan Anderson has scored in double figures in each of the last eight games, the longest streak of his career and the best by a Frog since Garlon Green went eight straight in 2010-11.
* Anderson is averaging 15.1 ppg during his recent hot streak. He has made at least two 3-pointers in each of the last eight games while averaging 2.9 treys per contest.
* Anderson is among the Big 12 leaders in minutes played (No. 3), steals (No. 6), 3-point field-goal percentage (No. 8), 3-pointers made (No. 9), assists (No. 9), assist/turnover ratio (No. 10) and scoring (No. 15).
* Devonta Abron has scored in double figures in four straight games to set a career-long streak. He is averaging 14.0 ppg and a team-best 8.0 rpg during the current stretch.
* Abron has attempted 30 free throws over the last three games. Opposing teams have totaled only 38 during that time.
* TCU joins Baylor as the only Big 12 teams with three players among the league’s top-12 rebounders in conference play: Adrick McKinney (No. 9; 6.4 rpg), Abron (No. 11; 5.9 rpg) and Connell Crossland (No. 12; 5.8 rpg).